Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Raising a healthy and fit child


Raising a Healthy and Fit Child


The rise in childhood obesity has increased the incidence of medical conditions in children that in the past were rare diseases. Cases of obesity related diseases such as type 2 diabetes and hypertension are being treated in children.


Childhood obesity, exercise, exercise tip


Its alarming to read the headlines of the newspaper and think parents today might be outliving their children. The rise in childhood obesity has increased the incidence and prevalence of medical conditions in children, in the past that had been rare. More frequently, cases of obesity related diseases such as type 2 diabetes and hypertension are being treated in children. These diseases were once thought of as adult conditions.

The two most important things a parent can do to prevent childhood disease is to develop a family lifestyle of healthy eating habits and being physically active.

The exercise goal for children is to teach children the importance of movement. Dont allow them to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of the computer, TV, or electronic games. Have them go outside to play or ride their bike.

As a child I liked to play with my Barbie dolls. I could spend hours in my bedroom, very quietly playing. I remember my mom used to call me and tell me to go outside and play.

 



Recommended For You



No comments:

Post a Comment