Friday, June 19, 2009

Stuttering and it can impact on a persons life


Stuttering And It Can Impact On A Persons Life


For people who are fluent, it is hard to comprehend what it must be like to have a stutter. This article describes some of the tasks that can prove difficult and stressful for the person who has a stutter, tasks which fluent people simply take for granted.


stutter, stuttering, speech therapy, stuttering cure, stuttering course, stuttering treatment


For people who are fluent, it is hard to comprehend what it must be like to have a stutter. This article describes some of the tasks that can prove difficult and stressful for the person who has a stutter, tasks which fluent people simply take for granted.

My name is Stephen Hill and I am somebody who has managed to overcome a stutter which had affected my life for eighteen years. When I was at school, I would dread the time when I would have to read out aloud in class out of a book. I would count down to which paragraph I would have to read and then I would look through to see which words I was going to have to say. I was hoping that there would not be many words beginning with b,d,v, or g, as I found these words especially hard to say. When speaking in a conversation I would always try to avoid these words or would think of an alternative word to say. When reading though, you have to read what is written. I had many unpleasant days attempting to read and I am now very happy those days are over.

Trying

 



Panic Away - End Anxiety & Panic Attacks



Recommended For You



No comments:

Post a Comment